KAISER PREMIER, a leading manufacturer of industrial hydro-excavation and sewer-cleaning equipment located in Fort Morgan Colorado, is seeking an experienced mechanical engineer to join our dynamic team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide accurate technical information.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems, and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Develop the structural design of products, using drafting tools or computer-assisted design/drafting equipment and software.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to the production team.
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems and needs.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation, and performance of equipment, components, and systems.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new application, and necessity of modification.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
- Maintain manufacturing bill of materials in MRP program.
- System design experience in a manufacturing setting--specifically hydraulics, pneumatic, and electrical components
- Proficient in CAD and associated tools - SolidWorks experience
- Experience with SAP (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (preferred)
- Firm grasp of engineering concepts, and experience designing mechanical systems and products.
- Proficient with Design for Manufacturability (DFM) practices. Good understanding of manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Hands-on mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Exceptional technical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented with the desire to see a project to completion – from design to production.
- We offer competitive salary along with full benefit package (e.g., medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) & 401(k) matching, paid holiday, and paid time off). KAISER PREMIER is an equal employment opportunity company.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to hr(at)kaiserpremier.com in Word or PDF formats with the position title in the subject line.