The Work Scheduler will coordinate with the Vice President of Supply Chain and Production Managers to facilitate all production activities for Kaiser Premier LLC and will serve as a planner for internal assembly materials required to support optimal operations in all aspects of administration, production, and parts and service, maximizing effectiveness and throughput in all aspects of the production process. This individual must drive quality scheduling techniques and processes, monitor production activity, and anticipate assembly stock requirements in coordination with the materials planning system.
KEY SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports directly to Vice President, Supply Chain & Quality Operating Systems with accountability to management team related to administrative production processes and procedures.
- Coordinates with final assembly production manager and uses their knowledge of the production process and reports to create required monthly production schedules for the machine, welding, and subassembly departments.
- Monitors changes in stock and correlating changes to production orders daily to coordinate/expedite manufacturing builds to ensure schedules are achieved.
- Multitasks and provides quick responses to production issues.
- Maintains material data with respect to release for production, material routings, safety stock, etc.
- Communicates all material master, scheduling, and routing related changes or challenges promptly when needed.
- Analyzes past and present data to generate reports and create more effective schedules.
- Serves as the primary internal production order contact.
- Maintains excellent product and material knowledge.
- Ensures and monitors accurate processing and data maintenance for all production transactions in SAP, emphasizing scheduling data accuracy and reliability.
- Understands and supports the continuous usage of SAP for production transactions.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with production departments to develop a reliable and consistent internal supply chain.
- Comprehends reports, takes action, and makes recommendations about where improvements might be made.
- Provides accurate and timely reporting.
- Assists in additional projects with respect to production and inventory and is involved in other general team projects.
- Fosters a team spirit working with other team members to accomplish tasks.
- Complies with all company policies, procedures, standards, and values.
EXPECTED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Strong human relations skills and the ability to work with people from all backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with ability to resolve complex business issues.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- A desire to promote the success of the organization and production staff.
- Strong planning, organization, and coordination skills.
- In-depth understanding of ERP systems as they relate to production planning - SAP preferred
- Strong organizational acumen and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary is $50,000 to $65,000 yearly depending on experience
- Extensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and retirement
To apply for this position, please send a resume to careers(at)kaiserpremier.com