KAISER PREMIER, a leading manufacturer of industrial hydro-excavation and sewer-cleaning equipment located in Fort Morgan Colorado, is seeking an experienced mechanical engineer to join our dynamic team.
- Collaborate with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide accurate technical information.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems, and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Develop the structural design of products, using drafting tools or computer-assisted design/drafting equipment and software.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to the production team.
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems and needs.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation, and performance of equipment, components, and systems.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new application, and necessity of modification.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
- Maintain manufacturing bill of materials in MRP program.
- System design experience in a manufacturing setting--specifically hydraulics, pneumatic, and electrical components
- Proficient in CAD and associated tools - SolidWorks experience
- Experience with SAP (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (preferred)
- Firm grasp of engineering concepts, and experience designing mechanical systems and products.
- Proficient with Design for Manufacturability (DFM) practices. Good understanding of manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Hands-on mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Exceptional technical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented with the desire to see a project to completion – from design to production.
We offer competitive salary ($50,000 to $65,000 yearly) along with full benefit package (e.g., medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) & 401(k) matching, paid holiday, and paid time off). KAISER PREMIER is an equal employment opportunity company.
This is KAISER PREMIER
KAISER PREMIER is the North American entity of the KAISER Group and a premium manufacturer of vehicles for sewer cleaning, hydro-excavation and mobile walking excavators. KAISER PREMIER, based in Fort Morgan, Colorado employs over 80 people. The KAISER Group, based in Liechtenstein employs over 700 people in Europe, United States and Australia.